What makes FindAUniform better?
My school has a clothing pool, why do I need FindAUniform?
The uniforms I want to sell do not belong to any one club, school or organisation can they still be listed?
Does FindAUniform only list clothing?
What are the definitions for the condition of items for sale mean?
The condition of an item for sale can be described as new, near new, fair or handy as a backup.
New - never worn with or without sales tags. Perfect condition.
Near New - worn but in great condition, well cared for in accordance with instructions.
Fair - worn, in clean and wearable condition.
Handy as a back up - worn, may have some defect or staining.
Can new items be sold on FindAUniform? What cannot be sold on FindAUniform?
Yes, a great way for a school or other organisation to sell new hats, bags, polar fleece or any other item that cannot be bought anywhere else but the school/organisation is to list those items on the website. FindAUniform provides the ability to have an online store for under $8 a month – a significant saving if compared with setting up an independent website.FindAUniform requires all buyers and sellers of used clothing to follow the relevant government laws and health regulations. For health and hygiene reasons, the sale of used underwear is not permitted. The sale of used bathing suits, stockings, spandex, sporting singlets and similiar items of clothing are permitted to be sold if they have been cleaned in accordance with manufacturers instructions and it has not been used as underwear.
What charities does FindAUniform support and why?
As founder of FindAUniform, I believe that uniforms are an essential key to assisting kids belong so they can get on and learn – so does Smith Family Learning for Life. The program relies on sponsors supporting students each month so that school shoes, bags, equipment can be purchased and the student can get on with learning. www.thesmithfamily.com.au
As a member of a Defence family with kids I feel very blessed and I look on in awe of how other Defence Families just get on with life whilst recognising they have a family member with special needs. I am glad that my business can recognise this worthwhile not for profit charity with a donation and recognition. The Defence Special Needs Support Group is an essential group that assist families of our armed forces in getting on with life whilst recognising they need some extra assistance with a member of their families. Often these families have a spouse deployed overseas – the Defence Special Needs Support Group provides lobbying, advocacy of issues and useful programs and assistance to these wonderful families. www.dsnsg.org.au
Why do buyers have to register?
All buyers, sellers and browsers have to register to ensure a layer of security for the transaction (which takes place outside of FindAUniform) and for Organisations to know who is utilising the system with their unique code. It also means that you won't miss out on product emails and new listings as they are posted. FindAUniform is creating an online second hand uniform community.
What are the benefits for my Organisation to register with FindAUniform?
An organisation (be it school, sporting club, dance academy, hobby association, you know any activity where you are required to have a uniform) pays an annual fee of $88 ($150 for 2 years) and then the organisations members join and post ads for free. This provides the following great benefits:
- For less than $8 a month, an organisation has a ready made website to sell uniforms online – assisting existing clothing pools,
- For less than $8 a month, an organisation is ensuring repeat business by providing a service to it’s members to be able to afford to continue the participating in the correct school/sporting/dance etc uniform term after term
- FindAUniform membership for an organisation negates the adhoc buying and selling of second hand uniforms for its members- the community connecting together on the one website
- FindAUniform is an affordable and ethical website – a portion of registration will be donated to charitable cause of Smith Family Learning for Life program and Defence Special Needs Group
- FindAUniform is not only a service, it is a great network for PR for your organisation – as the website develops organisations will be showcased
- Green your organisation by recycling second hand uniforms - reduce landfill
What are the benefits for individuals registering or joining FindAUniform?
Individual Member benefits –
- No more adhoc noticeboards – buyers and sellers meet in the one place and by having a targeted meeting place – no more missing opportunities on noticeboards or adhoc websites.
- No listing fees – you sell a uniform the money is all yours (no complicated commissons!) – FindAUniform provides a connection with buyers that will save you cash and be convenient.
- All your uniform needs can be met in the one place to save you further cash – nominate an organisation and let them know that it is a service that members want
- Great for planning ahead for transient families – get your family settled in to your new location for all your school and activity uniform needs before you have left your old location. No more of being in the wrong outfit on the first day – FindAUniform is accessible 24hrs a day, 7 days a week –holidays are when people have a chance to reassess their uniform needs and FindAUniform is always open.
- Try new activities without high cost of new uniforms - Affordable
- Help the environment – recycle uniforms - Green
- Care for your community – FindAUniform donates to The Smith Family Learning for Life Program and Defence Special Needs Support Group
My Organisation is not a member, how can I tell them about it?
You can nominate an organisation and I will follow up and see if your organisation/school/club is interested in providing their members this value for money service. I would love to see you on www.facebook.com/findauniform and www.twitter.com/findauniform to hear what you think and what you recommend.
How is an Organisations or Individuals membership paid for?
FindAUniform uses Paypal service for membership payments. PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay online. The service allows you to pay in any way you prefer, including through credit cards and bank accounts, without sharing financial information. PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with more than 153 million accounts worldwide. Available in 190 markets and 24 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce by making payments possible across different locations, currencies, and languages.
If you are a Member of a registered School, Club or Organisation, get them to send you the unique FindAUniform code and you can join for free and start buying and selling without listing fees and commissions (for as long as your School, Club or Organisations’ memberships fees remain in date).
As a seller, I have just posted an ad- what personal information will a buyer be able to view online?
To protect your privacy, no personal information will be available on FindAUniform to a buyer or browser. The seller is initially contacted via the ‘ Contact the Seller’ form next to each ad listing. It is then up to the seller to contact the buyer to negotiate/answer questions and/ or exchange goods – this is conducted outside of FindAUniform.